Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay takes you back to the Old World. Get the gang together, create your (anti)heroes, and set off to face vile corruption, scheming plotters, and terrifying creatures intent on destruction.
The Old World is a grim and perilous place. Its vast mountain ranges are teeming with warlike Orcs and Goblins. The deep forests are the home of marauding Beastmen. The corrupting force of Chaos leeches into the world, the result of a tragic accident when the world was young. The insidious taint of Chaos leaves folk hideously altered, and liable to seek solace in the worship of Daemons and the Ruinous Powers of the Chaos gods. The followers of Chaos gather in the north, armies of reavers and monsters that threaten to overwhelm the world. But they also reside in secret in the towns and cities of the Old World: an enemy within plotting to overthrow civilization and establish their own regime in its place.
Nations such as the Empire stand defiant against the darkness. Its people come from all walks of life, from landed aristocracy to the urban poor. Most are heedless of the true dangers that beset their world; they imagine themselves safe within city walls and merely try to make a good living for themselves. But there are those adventurous folk who, driven through desperation or ambition, seek to confront dangers and win renown.\n\nWarhammer Fantasy Roleplay Rulebook contains everything you need to start running or playing games in the Old World.
- Four distinct Character Species. Whilst most folk in the Old World are Human, they share their lands with stoic Dwarfs, sophisticated Elves, and garrulous Halflings.
- 64 distinct careers, representing the way of life your Character follows when not adventuring.
- A guide to the major religions of the Old World and the miracles performed by the Priests of this pantheon.
- Spells from eight different magical traditions.
- A bestiary of foes, both common and scarce.
- Advice on running games as a GM.
- Extensive rules for combat, pursuits, diseases, and other misfortunes.
With a vast amount of supporting materials, including scenarios, campaigns, setting books, and player support available from Cubicle 7, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is a rich and detailed setting that can keep a gaming group busy for years on end.